Yarra youth can apply for a youth-led grant of up to $3,000. You can apply alone or in a group.
Grants are for Yarra-based projects or events organized by young people for young people.
Here are some examples of initiatives from the past year:
- The Smell of… a project helping young communities explore themes of gender identity and mental health while developing skills in creating scent art and perfumery.
- Creativity Club a project that hosts a variety of creative workshops including pottery, hair braiding and baking.
- Community Youth & Coaches Pathway Program a leadership program to help young Fitzroy Lions Soccer Club members improve their self-confidence while promoting healthy and active lifestyles.
Click here for the full list of 2021/22 grant recipients.
To apply for a youth-led grant, you must:
- be between 16 and 25 years old
- live, work, study or have a strong connection to the city of Yarra
Applications close on May 31, 2023 or once available funding has been fully allocated. A total of $32,000 has been allocated for 2022/23.
Nominations will be assessed by Council officers and priority will be given to projects, activities or events that support the key priorities of our 0-25 plan.