About our company:
We’re an Australian family-owned business that has taken pride in lighting homes with quality, designer bedding and housewares for over 40 years. Starting off as a modest stall selling homemade cushions at Sydney’s Paddy’s Markets in the 1970s, KAS Australia is a family business that has grown from a team of two to a brand employing over 30 Australians. Although we have launched our innovative and designer bedding and housewares collections in over 25 countries, every piece has always been designed in our Sydney studio and KAS’s core values have remained unchanged for over 40 years. We are a dynamic team of hard workers who are passionate about making household items fun, relevant and desirable for everyone.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for someone who is experienced, creative and able to create engaging content on our social media channels as we continue to grow our presence and community.
You will have a proven track record of creating content across multiple social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Pinterest. As a key contributor in the execution of our content strategy, you must possess a creative flair and a deep passion for housewares and upholstery. You also need to be prepared to evolve your skills and keep abreast of the ever-changing social media environment. A solid background in graphic design is essential as part of the role will also involve assisting with our graphic design for digital advertising and social assets. This position is a full time position based at KAS Australia Headquarters in Rosebery NSW.
Our content creation studio will become your own space and is equipped with a digital camera and all the tools you need.
- Manage social media accounts for Kas Australia. This will include planning, creating, commenting and scheduling the content.
- Coordinate, style, take and edit photographs, to produce beautiful elements for our website, social media, digital ads, catalogs and EDMs in line with our brand identity.
- Creating videos for Instagram Stories and Reels, to showcase our products, create lifestyles and show behind the scenes.
- Bring ideas to our marketing calendar and product launch strategies.
- Interact with news on social media regularly, to measure your success and work on continuous improvement in engagement and reach.
- Assist the Creative Director with photo shoots as needed
- Provide support to our graphic designer during peak hours. Help with photo editing and digital graphic design for email marketing campaigns.
- Actively seek opportunities to collaborate with influencers with similar demographics to drive sales and brand awareness.
Applicants will be required to provide a digital portfolio. Please ensure that you have easily accessible samples of your work in (1) videography, (2) photography and (3) graphic design available for review upon request. If you are unable to provide a digital portfolio, we will not be able to guide you through our interview process.
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role creating content for brands, with proven experience in photography, videography, editing and creating content for social media.
- A qualification in photography, graphic design or marketing would be a huge advantage.
- A good understanding of the digital landscape and an understanding of social media metrics.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe design software: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (with iMac).
- Competent use of a digital SLR camera and lighting equipment.
- An eye for the composition and inventive presentation of flatbed photography.
- You have great attention to detail and take great pride in your work.
- The ability to be independent and organize your own schedule to meet deadlines, as well as to collaborate effectively one-on-one and within a small team.
- A willingness to learn, improve and develop new skills.
If that suits you perfectly, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, along with your resume, and have your sample portfolio ready when we contact you.